Laser skin resurfacing is about to become your new best friend.
For those looking for firm, smooth, healthy skin, laser resurfacing in Tulsa may be the perfect solution. With two lasers available in our toolkit, BA Med Spa & Weight Loss Center is able to help patients achieve smooth skin and heat away long-existing skin damage.
What it treats
Additional uses for Laser Skin Resurfacing could include…
Loose Skin, Blemishes, Warts, Deeper Skin Flaws, Brown Pigment, Uneven Skin Tone, & Appearance of Melasma
Wrinkles & Age Spots
Skin laser treatment may be for you if you’re looking for a solution to treat deep-set wrinkles and age spots on the skin.
Acne & Surgical Scars
Laser resurfacing is a particularly effective treatment for acne scars, surgical scars, and other scarring. This method helps break up scar tissue with targeted heat.
A skin laser can efficiently reach the deeper layers of the skin to treat the deeper effects of sun damage.
How it Works
During your consultation at BA Med Spa, our specialists will thoroughly discuss your exact skin concerns. This is when we will determine which skin laser to use.
Safety & Comfort
During your skin laser visit, we will apply a topical or local anesthetic depending on your anticipated pain levels, as well as provide eye protection to wear during treatment.
Skin Laser in Tulsa
The laser is applied in “columns” to the skin to help promote a healthy healing process. Note: you will most likely want someone to drive you home after your appointment.
The results of using either skin laser in Tulsa can show almost immediately. Because laser treatment penetrates deeper into the skin than a traditional facial, we can efficiently treat scars and other deep skin flaws in just one treatment! Generally, our patients need about 7-14 days to recover from a skin laser treatment. With the non-ablative ResurFX laser, patients usually need about three sessions to achieve their goals.
Side effects of either skin laser may include redness, dryness, peeling, or flaking. Side effects of the ResurFX skin laser system may also include itching.
Why try a skin laser in Tulsa?
Skin lasers like the CO2 and ResurFX are extremely effective at treating the (literal) underlying causes of unsightly appearance of the skin.
Skin laser resurfacing in Tulsa can work in conjunction with a variety of other treatments to help reduce the appearance of wrinkles and scars.
Certain patients have reported that they notice a positive change to the appearance of the treated area after just one skin laser treatment!
Frequently asked questions
- What's the difference between ablative (CO2) and non-ablative (ResurFX)? >
- Ablative lasers are used to treat deeper skin flaws, as its frequency is designed to penetrate deeper into the skin. This could include conditions like scars, warts, matured wrinkles, and other deeper skin flaws. Non-ablative lasers provide more effective treatment for surface-level conditions, such as redness, hyperpigmentation, broken capillaries, and rosacea.
- Can I use laser skin resurfacing for stretch mark removal? >
- While laser resurfacing can certainly help with the depth and appearance of stretch marks, laser technology cannot completely remove stretch marks. This is because stretch marks represent permanent damage to the dermis, which can only be removed with surgery.
- Do skin lasers hurt? >
- Some would describe the sensation of a skin laser as a "snapping" - however, our team will do everything we can to ensure your comfort during your skin laser resurfacing session. We are capable of applying a topical or injected local anesthetic. You may also choose to use relaxation medication before or after treatment to ease any additional discomfort. If you are being treated with the CO2 laser, you may experience a sensitivity in the treated area for up to 3 months. However, we will provide you with extensive aftercare instructions to help reduce this tenderness.
- If I have a darker skin tone, can I still get treated with a skin laser in Tulsa? >
- Laser skin resurfacing may not be the ideal treatment for those with a darker skin tone. This treatment involves a prolonged healing on the surface of the skin, and in pigmented skin can lead to hyperpigmentation.
Your health and well-being are our mission. Make it yours, too.
BA Med Spa is here to help you reveal your best self. Get to know our medical spa in Tulsa and meet the team of professionals ready to sit down with you and discuss your needs.