Written by Malissa Spacek on April 9, 2018
Weight Loss Plateau: How to beat it
Weight loss plateaus are one of the most common parts of any weight loss journey. If you are or have experienced one, you are not alone! Almost everyone who has ever dieted has experienced a plateau at some point or another. Why? Because every weight loss journey has its ups and downs, and obstacles to overcome. The key is to keep positive! Remember, if changing your body was supposed to be easy than we would all be walking around with six packs.
Spotting a Weight Loss Plateau:
A weight loss plateau happens when you experience no weight loss while on a diet program for three consecutive weeks. They can occur after a rapid loss, your body gets used to a certain weight and can want to return to this “happy” weight.
Remember if you are stuck on a plateau and it has not been a full three weeks, it may not be a plateau. For example, if you eat a lot of carbohydrates or foods that contain a lot of sodium your body will retain a ton of water! This water retention may make you gain weight for several days, it can even last for over a week, but it is not a plateau. However if you are facing a weight loss plateau, here is some tips to beating it:
Ways to beat a weight loss plateau
- Drink more water! This is helping flush toxins from your body using your liver. It limits the stress put on your kidneys. As well as uses your lymphatic system to release fat.
- Working out will make a difference, even at 5 minutes a day.
- Change your daily routine. Mix it up your body will acclimate.
- Diet. We all know we are what we eat. As healthy as we seem to be on a day to day basis. There is always room to improve.
- Remember to relax. Stress, will effective all parts of life.
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN WHERE YOU ARE AND WHERE YOU WANT TO BE IS WHAT TO DO
Posted Under: Blog