Written by Malissa Spacek on July 3, 2013
• 1-2 Package of Strawberries
• 1-2 Package of Blueberries
• 3-4 Banana’s
(Measurements will vary depending on how large you want your flag to be.)
1. Place the fruit on a platter in the shape of the American flag; with some rows having alternating strawberries and bananas, until the upper left side of the flag where you place the blueberries. (See picture)
2. Stick a strawberry on the end of the skewer and continue this process for the remainder of the skewer. End the skewer with a banana. Then repeat for as many skewers as you need before beginning the blue part of the flag.
1. For best looking results have one side ending all in strawberries and the other side ending all in bananas, excluding the skewers that have blueberries on them. (See picture)
3. Once you’re ready for the blue part of the flag, repeat the same steps as before for 3/4 of the skewers. Then stack blueberries on the remaining 1/4 of the skewer.
Medium size flag: 7 skewers without blueberries and 6 skewers with blueberries.