Written by Malissa Spacek on March 21, 2013
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes, cut into -inch cubes
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, partially peeled and cut into -inch cubes
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice, divided
- 1/3 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. of coarsely ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 large ripe California avocado, peeled
1. Thoroughly mix bite-sized salad greens, tomatoes, onions, and cucumber in a large serving bowl.
2. Toss with 2 tablespoons lemon juice, garlic powder, black pepper and salt.
3. Peel and cut avocado in half.
4. Remove pit and slice into thin wedges, about 1/8-inch thick.
5. Arrange slices on top of salad like a starburst.
6. Brush remaining lemon juice and serve immediately.
Calories: 81 per Serving
Yield: 6 Servings. (Serving Size: 1 Cup)